Part time internship with the Big Tent Foundation
The Big Tent Ideas Foundation is a movement to catalyse, convene and curate the new conversations needed by people and places left behind by partisan politics to unleash real, transformational and lasting renewal and regeneration. We share a deep belief in making an impact through a more direct approach to positive action and we seek to recruit and develop people who share our values.
We curate these new conversations both at live festivals and weekly participative digital events, to which we invite a diverse range of speakers; attendees include politicians of all parties, leaders from the worlds of business, technology and the arts and anyone who is interested in joining our entrepreneurial community to make a difference.
We are looking for an intern to join our small, committed team, initially for 15 hours per week, with opportunities to develop the role when we can plan live events.
What’s in it for you
- Real exposure to politicians and change leaders
- Ability to immerse yourself in the most important issues of today through refreshed political discourse
- Extensive opportunities to learn and invest in your personal and professional development
- Accountability from day one
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
- A focus on innovation and doing things differently
What you’ll be doing now
- CRM data input and development
- Writing up/compiling event output reports
- Managing the growing number of subscription memberships
- Working with and reporting to the Commercial Director
- Typically working Monday-Friday 3 hours per day, but requirement to be flexible and will include some evenings and weekends.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A fast worker who is highly organised
- Tech literate: Excel, Word, PowerPoint or G-suite
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Skills that would be a bonus
- Social media savvy
- An ability to engage with sponsors, speakers and VIPs
Recent graduate with a minimum 2:1 degree, or alternatively relevant CRM, writing and membership management experience.
Home based for the foreseeable future, but ability to relocate to London could be an advantage when restrictions are lifted and live events can be held.
Hours of work
3 hour per day, Monday to Friday.
Salary and holiday entitlement
National Living Wage (age dependent) and 84 hours holiday entitlement per annum whilst contracted for 15 hours per week.
Closing date for applications
Friday 5th February 2021.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Georgie Pike email@example.com